Good onya for looking into getting involved with SurfVolley!!! This is such an exciting program that is set to have an enormous effect on not only the pathway of Beach Volleyball but also Surf Life Saving. When two beach culture communities come together for the kids, we all win.
On this page you’ll find links to all the information you’ll need to get your qualifications up to join the SurfVolley Coaches team.
First things first, you probably want to know what this gig involves!
The best resource to take you through all of that is our Coaches Information document
To become a SurfVolley Coach, you’ll need the following:
- NCAS Level 1 (or evidence of other coaching experience)
- Completion of SurfVolley Coach Accreditation Training (CAP)
- Completion of SurfVolley Practical CAP
- Working With Children/Blue Card or Equivalent (also required for NCAS Level 1)
- Sign On
- All Coaches will be called on once or twice throughout the season to put something back into the sport. It might be a morning or afternoon at a fundraising event for a Surf Club or a Wave Warrior event or State Surf Life Saving carnival.
Once you’ve Signed On, you’re details will be checked and all going well, you’ll be approved. From that point, here’s what happens next:
- You’ll be able to logon to the Coaches Portal of this website, giving you access to video tutorials of drills, how to set up a net, Coaches Corner webinar calls and documents/manuals.
- You’ll also be added to our direct email communications that will send you all you’ll need to know.
- Your State Manager will look to assign you to a Surf Club and when that is done, we’ll send you your uniform and equipment.
- Then you are on your way….
If you have any questions, contact your State Manager